The Forest Biometrics Research Institute provides these services not provided elsewhere:
- The FBRI provides relevant biometrics tools with annual updates as needed.
- The FBRI provides a reference point for independent third-party review of biometrics principles.
- The FBRI provides and encourages new research in biometrics for application throughout the industry.
- The FBRI provides ongoing service and software tools to the forest industry.
- The FBRI provides the structure, organization and funding to support forest biometrics research and development both now and into the future.
- The FBRI will evolve to a fully endowed funding base making all of its research and development available to the forest industry without charge.