2013 Forest Growth/Yield and Silviculture Modeling
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
1000 NE Multnomah Street
Portland, Oregon 97232
USA TEL: 1-503-281-6111
This workshop covers the important details of:
- how FPS simulates growth (height and diameter), mortality, and regeneration,
- how to design and simulate silvicultural prescriptions and interpret results, and
- how to collect data from your land base for localizing site, taper, and regeneration relationships in FPS.
Topics will include growth projection methods, visualizations, natural regeneration, silvicultural regimes (clearcut, seed tree, shelterwood, selection), economic analyses (costs, values, discounting) This is an opportunity to learn about the internal structure of the Forest Projection System (FPS) growth model, site curves and taper profiles.
The registration information is at:
14.5 CFE Cat 1 hrs through the Society of American Foresters
Lunch included each day.
- Definitions and Purpose
- Site Productivity – What is it and How to measure it?
- Quantification of Tree Taper & Volume
- Identifying Valuation and Cost Structures
- Critical Factors for Growth Model Applications
- Modeling Early Silvicultural Treatments
- Modeling Mature Silvicultural Treatments
- Modeling Major Silvicultural Systems
- Developing Silvicultural Regimes – Clearcut, Seed-tree, or Selection?